- Around 1 p.m. a suicide car bomb targeted Al Rasheed police station in Al Yousifiyah, killing four policemen and one civilian and injuring seven policemen and one civilian.
- Police found three bodies in Baghdad; one in Doura, Kasra and Camp Sara.
- A mortar shell slammed into Al Salam town (about 25 Kilometers north of Baquba) and hit a house near the town's police station killing one child and injuring two others.
- Gunmen killed three men in Baladrouz market today.
- One mortar shell landed in Balad city causing damages to one shop.
- Gunmen kidnapped a citizen in Al Touz town, Iraqi police said.
- The U.S. military and Iraqi police said one Iraqi police officer was killed and one marine was injured in an altercation at a joint outpost in the Jazeera area of Ramadi on Wednesday.
The police officer died of stab wounds and the marine was treated for minor injuries from lacerations at a military hospital.
The U.S. military said the incident is under investigation by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.
Colleagues of the police officer said the man's throat was slit.
Courtesy McClatchy Newspapers