A civilian (employee in the ministry of trade) was injured when an IED exploded inside his car in Zafaraniyah neighborhood southeast Baghdad around 9,00 am.
A suicide bomber wearing an explosive vest detonated himself near the information department inside the Sunni endowment in Sab’a Abkar area, part of Adhemiyah neighborhood north Baghdad. When the injured people were taken to the hospitals, a suicide car bomb exploded near a check point of Sahwa council (awakening council) targeting them. 14 people were killed including the leader of the Sahwa council Reyadh Al Samarra’i and 18 others were injured.
3 civilians were killed and 16 others injured in an IED explosion which was planted inside a vender near the Technology University in Al Sina’a Street east Baghdad around 12,10 pm.
A civilian was injured in two IEDs explosion near Husam ice cream shop in Jadriyah neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 12,10 pm.
A civilian was injured when an IED exploded inside a car (Kia sedan) near Saj al Reef restaurant in Karrada neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 1,00 pm.
Three civilians were injured in an IED explosion in al wathiq square in Karrada around 1,30 pm.
A civilian was killed and three others were wounded in an IED explosion inside a car (Oldsmobile sedan)in Palestine Street east Baghdad around 5,00 pm.
Gunmen in five modern cars kidnapped at least eight members of Sahwa council while they were in their check point in Adan Street in Shaab neighborhood north Baghdad around 8,30.
Police found seven anonymous bodies in Baghdad today. Four bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (2 bodies in Doura, 1 body in Bayaa and 1 boy in Mahmoudiyah). The three other bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (2 bodies in Sleikh and 1 body in Shaab)
Police found five bodies near the main street in Qara Kitta village 100 Kms east Baquba north of Baquba. One of the bodies was the body of the mayor of Qaraqoosh village.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Buhorz village south of Baquba today morning.
A police office and a member of Sahwa were injured when a mortar shell hit a combined check point downtown Baquba city today morning.
Gunmen killed three civilians (a husband and his wife and an Iraqi army soldier) in Abo Saif village, part of al-Reyadh city west of Kirkuk city yesterday night.
A katyosha rocket hit the area near the building of Iraqia channel downtown Kirkuk city today morning. No casualties were reported.
Police released eight kidnapped business men from Kut city who were kidnapped one month ago. The operation was implemented today morning by Zubair city police west of Basra city. The police arrested six of the kidnappers. Another woman was released and her three kidnappers were arrested in Zubair city yesterday night.
*Around 8 a.m., gunmen with silencers assassinated Sheik Ismael Abass , the man who wants to have a Sahwa ( awakening ) council in Sha’ab neighborhood (north Baghdad) in front of his house.
- A Multi-National Division - Baghdad Soldier was killed and three others wounded when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle during combat operations in southern Baghdad on Jan. 6, the US army said with no further details .
- Before noon, a suicide bomber wearing a vest filled with explosives targeted the headquarter of Iraq Unity Association at Karrada neighborhood near Finjan restaurants during their celebration of the anniversary of the Iraqi army day having some high rank officers , officials and media .Four were killed ( three soldiers and one civilian ) while eight were injured including a cameraman and a reporter, police and witnesses said.
- Around 1 p.m., a car bomb exploded on the main street of Qahira neighborhood near Qahira restaurant killing 3 people and injuring 15 others.
- Around 2.30 pm., four IEDs exploded in sequence in Nahda neighborhood near the car exhibition killing one person and injuring 4 others.
- Police found ( 6 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad: ( 3 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ); 1 in Sha’ab . 1 in Waziriyah and 1 at Al-Qasim high way near Sleikh . While (3) dead bodies were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 2 in Saidiyah and 1 in Doura.
- Police found four ( heads ) of beheaded men without their bodies at Muqdadiya ( 45 km north east of Baquba.
- Sunday, Iraqi army arrested Sheikh Abdul Wahab , the head of Ubeid tribes in Khalis (15 km north of Baquba).
- At noon, a truck bomb targeted ( Virgin Mary) church at Al-Muhandseen neighborhood in Mosul city injuring five members of one family injured in this incident as their house in next to the church.
- Around noon, a roadside bomb, a roadside bomb targeted a monastery in Mosul city with no casualties recorded.
- Around noon, a truck bomb targeted ( Noor ) church at Al-Noor neighborhood in Mosul city .No casualties recored.
- At 12 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy in downtown Tikrit ( 175 km north of Baghdad) .Clashes took place between gunmen who were hiding near the panda ice cream shop and the American patrol having two American soldiers killed in that incident , police said.
Also the Iraqi forces defused another IED which was planted in a place of 100 meter distance of the first place. While the US army said two American soldiers were wounded in a grenade attack in the same area having one soldier returned to duty.
7 civilians were wounded in an IED explosion inside a mini bus on al Salam bridge that links between Doura and New Baghdad neighborhoods around 3,00 pm.
Police found 12 anonymous bodies in Baghdad today, 9 bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (6 bodies in Asia neighborhood, part of Doura neighborhood found by Sahwa (awakening council) and delivered them to the police station in Doura, 2 bodies in Saidiyah and a body in Shurta tunnel. 3 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (1 body in Zayuna, 1 body in Jadriyah and 1 body on Mohammed al Qasim high way.)
Six civilians (3 men, 2women and a child) were killed and three others (2 men and a woman) were injured in an IED explosion that targeted a mini bus on Sa’adiyah- Khanaqeen Street northeasr of Baquba today morning.
A civilian was killed and another was injured while a carriage was passing near the IED near the Silo in the center of Baquba city today morning. When the members of Sahwa (the awakening) council came to help, another IED exploded in the same place injuring three members of Sahwa.
18 civilians were injured when an IED exploded inside a local market in Jalawla city northeast Baquba city around 5,00 pm. Tow of the injured people were moved to Sulaimaniyah hospital because of their critical conditions.
An American soldier was killed in an IED explosion that targeted his vehicle while conducting a military operation in Diyala province. US army confirmed the news in a press released issued today.
Police found a body of a young man near Sargaran area west of Kirkuk city. Police said that the body is of a young man from Arbil province and his name is Mohammed Ali.
Courtesy McClatchy Newspapers